PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
We have secured funding from the Peoples Health Trust “Active Communities” Programme to develop and deliver a new project to disabled people and carers living in Basildon.
To apply for the position please send a CV and a covering letter to Mrs Janet Stevens at the above address or by email to email@example.com
In your covering letter can you please address how you meet the points listed in the Person Specification in your own handwriting (not typed). This can then be scanned and emailed with your CV if using this option for applying.
Unfortunately we will only be able to contact those people who are shortlisted.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st September 2017
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th November 2017
Post: Project Development Officer
Salary Details: NJC Scale Point 25: £22,658 (pro rata) £9710.57 actual
Responsible to: Manager / Board of Trustees
Working Hours: 15 hours per week – 24 month contract
Location: Primarily at Outreach Locations in Basildon. Weekly visit to the main office in Grays will be required.
Purpose of job:
To deliver and develop one of our new projects to enable disabled people and carers to get back into the community to reduce isolation and gain information, advice, training and friendship by setting up small,social groups throughout the Basildon district.
Key Duties and Tasks:
Develop and deliver the project to provide a friendly,welcoming atmosphere to people who have been isolated for some time by a variety of issues. By developing groups with drop-in sessions, training events to connect them with IT social networking and fun activities delivered throughout the year we will build their confidence and create new friendships to move them back into their local communities.
Groups will address issues relevant to the people involved including:-
- Access to a computer and how to use Social Media, On-Line Shopping, etc
- Accessing other services as required
- Information & advice on issues they need help and advice with (by signposting, referral and DIAL resources)
- Arranging fun events (coffee mornings, quizzes,etc)
- Organising User Forums to develop future activities and bring different groups together
- Drop-in sessions at a variety of locations.
- Training sessions & 1-1 support where necessary:
- Volunteer Development: recruitment, training and engagement of a team of volunteers who will provide assistance in our sessions in the community.
- To communicate with DIAL staff/volunteers to ensure joined up provision
- Promotion of the programme to 3rd sector partners/networks, GP surgeries, Social Prescribing groups and directly to disabled people and carers in Basildon.
- To adhere to all DIAL policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post and the requirements of the organisation.
Post: Project Development Officer
- A minimum of 12months recent experience of working within the welfare benefit system
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to carry out benefit calculations
- Experience of working in an advice setting and with volunteers
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of utilising on-line advice services
- Knowledge of current legislation appropriate to the field of advice, advocacy and welfare benefits
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to deal with a range of different clients and understand the principles of confidentiality relevant to the work
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of team
- Clean driving license and use of a car
- Experience of developing networks with other agencies
- Previous experience of setting up and establishing projects
- Experience of working with disadvantaged people including disabled and BAMER communities
- Evaluation and Monitoring Experience
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR OUR OFFICE IN GRAYS AND OUR NEW OUTREACH PROJECT
DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS A WEEK TO SPARE?
DO YOU ENJOY HELPING OTHERS?
DO YOU LIKE TALKING TO PEOPLE ON THE TELEPHONE AND IN PERSON?
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE?
ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW DISABLED?
IF YOU CAN ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE PLEASE GIVE US A CALL FOR A CHAT