We have secured funding from Nat West Skills and Opportunities Fund to develop and deliver a new project to disabled people living in South Essex.
To apply for the position please send a CV and a covering letter to Mrs Janet Stevens by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your covering letter can you please address how you meet the points listed in the Person Specification in your own handwriting (not typed). This can then be scanned and emailed with your CV if using this option for applying.
Unfortunately we will only be able to contact those people who are shortlisted.
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 23rdAugust 2017
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th August 2017
Debts and Money issues including Financial Scams
Money and Household Management
Accessing other services
Any other as identified/enquired
(1) Drop-in sessions at a variety of locations.
(2) Specialist Advice Workshops & 1-1 support: supporting beneficiaries with specific issues such as debt, money issues, financial ‘scams’ etc. 1-1 advice, support and coaching will be arranged to meet individual needs for finance, health, welfare and personal development.
(3) Training Events: delivery of a programme of workshops which cover IT [for on-line claims], budgeting and money management, developing CV’s and how to make welfare benefit claims e.g.Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and Carers Allowance
(4) Volunteer Development: recruitment, training and engagement of a team of volunteers who will provide assistance in our centre and on a community basis
(1) To communicate with DIALstaff/volunteers to ensure joined up provision
(2) Promotion of the programme to 3rd sector partners/networks, local government departments and directly to disabled people.
(3) To adhere to all DIAL policies and procedures.
(4) To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post and the requirements of the organisation.
Post: Project DevelopmentOfficer
A minimum of 12months recent experience of working within the welfare benefit system
Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to carry out benefit calculations
Experience of working in an advice setting and with volunteers
Excellent IT skills
Knowledge and experience of utilising on-line advice services
Knowledge of current legislation appropriate to the field of advice, advocacy and welfare benefits
Excellent communication/interpersonal and networking skills
Ability to deal with a range of different clients and understand the principles of confidentiality relevant to the work
Ability to work under pressure and as part of team
Clean driving license and use of a car
Experience of developing networks with other agencies
Previous experience of setting up and establishing projects
Experience of working with disadvantaged people including disabled and BAMER communities
Evaluation and Monitoring Experience